Our mission is to help ideas flow, materialize and make impact. We take up critical role and fill the gap between an innovative idea and ground-breaking solution of practical challenge. We believe that for many societal challenges, in fact, there are already solutions. They just need to be freed from the silos where they are trapped and transform into feasible projects. We follow developments in different sectors and geographies and look for the space where the innovations can find new purposes and fertile ground to grow. We are a non-governmental, non-profit project management organisation established under the civil law of Slovakia.
Our favourite tactics are pilot projects and building of platforms. Both of them require combination of open mindedness, excellent communication with stakeholders and strong project management skills. That’s the skillset we are willing to invest to achieve tangible results by applying new approaches.
Pilot projects aim to bridge the gap between nice slides at a conference and massive uptake of the idea. This tool is way too often neglected on the path from strategy to action plan to implementation program. We believe that they are important part of development from three main reasons:
- Breaking the ice, especially when the idea faces resistance of legacy practices (“you know, it’s just not feasible over here…”)
- Validation, verification and fine-tuning of the chosen path
- Providing quick-wins, where the strategic changes take years to show
We actively seek the ideas which are ready to be implemented on pilot scale and develop projects contributing to larger and longer-term changes. By platforms we do not strictly mean some application with many users. We provide more complex, strategic view. We create setups where 1+1 equals 3 or more. The platforms we build are ecosystems with a defined purpose and primary goal of fostering synergies. We focus on two critical elements:
- Bringing together the right stakeholders. Synergies are created by complementing interests and economies of scale
- Managing standards. Standards are the common ground making it easy for the stakeholders to communicate and collaborate